Electric Club Car with clicking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Club Car with clicking noise

I just bought this 36v Club Car from a friend at work to use at my campgrounds, but I got it home and changed the batteries. Now it wont run and the only thing it does is make a clicking sound which seems to be comming from the Selinoid. The lights work and so does the horn and back up alarm. I cleaned the heck out of the terminals and wires on the batteries. Still just a clicking noise. What now? I am starting to feel like I didnt get as good of a deal as I thought I did.

Thanks Clint

First did the cart run fine before you switched the batteries? Next, why did you change the batteries? Finally, what did you swap them out for?
    Regards

Comment

Matti,
      I finally figured it out. I had asked my father-in-law to help me diagnose the problem because he had prior expirence with carts. I had assumed that when I asked him to check the batteries that he had thsted for volts and load tested them. I was wrong. After cleaning every connection on the cart pretty much I went back myself and load tested them and sure enough one was bad. My next question is that He set me up with 3 12v deep cell batteries. I am thinking that I will loose run time. What other consequences will I have?

Comment

Ohh okay. On the new battery setup... same power, less run time. That is the only down side. It will be noticeable.
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X