1985 Club Car Electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 Club Car Electric

Hello everyone - I am new to this, but having wanted a Club Car for a very long time (for my campground), I finally found a 1985 Electric Car for less than $600, and was told the batteries are new. I was told the batteries alone (six of them) equalled almost $600 and was shocked to learn that, but that these new batteries would last a few years. The car is great and runs well and we're cleaning it up with new paint, added headlights, and such. My husband is looking all over for a User's Guide, but I can't find any except on ebay for like $100 +. So... just a few questions. is there a downloadable guide anywhere on the internet, AND is there a cheaper battery or does that battery refurbishing kit work (for when the time comes). We're pretty much deciding to upgrade if we like this car in a year or two... but just trying to get acclimated to what we got and what we can do with it. I've got pictures. It is purple, which is my all time favorite color, and the previous owner put decals on the windshield which read "Cowgirl UP" which means something to me. My father passed away May 3, and I've been absolutely heart broken and devastated trying to grope my way through without him. He knew how long I had looked for a golf car, but that I didn't want to spend thousands up front, and I believe he lead me to this car, being that it's purple and that "Cowgirls Don't Cry" is the song most fitting to how he raised me, and that song was used in his eulogy which I wrote. I'm sure nobody cares about all that, but I think my little Purple Baby Bopp is special... and need the manual on how to best care for him!

Thanks to anyone and everyone who can offer me some insight as a new owner of an old car.

Welcome Marixyz. Sorry to hear about your dad. I am not sure where to find a downlaodable manual, maybe someone on here can help with that. As for the batteries you can tell year of the batteries by the number stamped on the terminal of each one ( example: if stamped 1 - 2001, 2 - 2002 & so on). The batteries should last, if taken care of, 3 to 5 years. This means keeping them charged, full of water (Distilled), all connections clean and tight and never run the batteries totally dead (this will shorten the life of the batteries). You can read on hear how to test the batteries, just use the search function. However batteries are 600+ new. You can find some cheaper, but I have heard from several people to go with trojan batteries and to not go with reconditioned. The batteries are the heart of the cart so spend the extra money and get good ones that will last.

Comment

Hey mari we care very touching story I am sorry about your father.

Welcome to the site! Like chad said... maintain the batteries and you will be satisfied with their overall life. I may be able to work some magic on that manual you are looking for, Ill let you know.
      Regards

Comment

Try this site I also have a 1985 club car and this infor was really helpful it shows all parts body and electrical

http://www.golfcartpartsdirect.com/e...rElectric.html

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X