2000 Club Car New Batteries, runs, but won't charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Club Car New Batteries, runs, but won't charge

I replaced the batteries on my 2000 Electric Club Car. It charged the first time, but now it goes to about 15 for a few seconds and kicks the breaker on the front of the charger. The cart runs, but seems like it won't charge.Any suggestions?

How low did you run the batteries when you charged it? Also, what is the current voltage in each battery?

Finally, After the breaker pops on the charger, is the charger hot?
    Regards

Comment

I went over all the batteries. I disconnected them all then reattached them the way the diagram shows, positive to neg etc... with a positive on #1 open and a neg on #6 open. I then hooked the cart positive and negative to where they should go. Now the charger turns on and hums as if charging, but the needle does not move off the zero. Now what have I done.

Comment

oh and the cart is a 48v..it has 4 holes in each battery. The charger was hot when it kept kicking out the breaker, but now it is doing what I mentioned above.

Comment

One thing at a time

You will have to check the breaker on the charger, tell me where it was made.
          Regards

Comment

the breaker is in on the charger and I checked the fuse on the cart and it is good too. The charger is club car powerdrive by lester electric

Comment

The problem is in your charger, you have to look in it and see where the breaker was made since there is a common problem with the breakers that were made in the USA. That is what I was trying to get to previously.
              Regards

Comment

Sorry it is taking me a while to get back, I have been out of town. So if it is made in the usa.. get a new one and that should do it? Can I order one from somewhere or pick one up a parts wherehouse? Thanks for your help.

Comment

No problem thanks for the update, getting a new breaker will fix the charger problem. If you changed anything when you messed with the wires before, change it back. (always take a picture when messing with connections)

Contact Club Car about getting the replacement
                  Regards

Comment

ok here I go again. I replaced the fuse and same result. When the charger is placed on the cart it drops to the left end then goes up to zero and sits there as it hums. So I borrowed a friends charger and same results. It has to be the cart, right? I ran over the wiring diagram again and it looks rights. i checked the fuses in the cart and they don't look broken. I have rebooted the computer to see if that helps and nothing. Is it time to take it somewhere or do you have any ideas. The batteries are reading around 8.

Comment

sounds like the obc now. It is strange though I hooked the charger up last night and this morning it was off. Maybe I have been over-reacting and the new batteries are causing this difference. Don't know. If it gives more trouble I am going to look at the obc and see if I can by-pass it. Any thoughts?

Comment

Yes, the OBC was going to be in my next post. It's acting fine now? Did you get a charge out if it yet?
                        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X