2006 club car moves couple of times then nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 club car moves couple of times then nothing

I have a 2006 club car ds 48v. All batteries are good, solenoid is good and charger works. Don't see any loose connections. Cart ran fine for a while then after stopping wouldn't go forward but reverse would work. Now after charger is unplugged cart will move as long as you hold accelerator down but when you stop it may or may not go. Throttle switch (m core?) clicks but solenoid will not. You can hold accelerator down and sometimes after a 3-4 second delay solenoid will click and cart will take off but sometimes the cart "shutters" on initial take off. After stopping nothing happens forward or reverse. I'm thinking i have a bad controller or throttle switch but can't find specific tests to check these components. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi dus. Sounds like your microswitch is going bad.
    Regards

Comment

I have been told the microswitches are built into the throttle switch (or mcore?) on this year model which is a sealed box. If that is true, is there any way to test this switch. I haven't located any micro switches on this cart anywhere else. Also, the throttle switch clicks every time the accelerator is pressed but the solenoid does not. Yesterday the cart moved and worked fine every time I tried it, but probably won't today. will try later

Comment

There should be one behind the F/R switch. I dont think they sealed it into it. This one usually causes the problems you are experiencing.
        Regards

Comment

Cart has ran fine for two days now. Can't get it to mess up. Also found out this is a 2006 48v IQ CC if that makes any difference. I have had F/R switch out and apart and haven't seen any switches or other wires inside or behind it anywhere but will look again.

Comment

If it ever happens again, try jumping the solenoid and see if it will run again. Let me know the results.
            Regards

Comment

Thanks, will do. But solenoid has been replaced even though old one tested good.
              Updated by dus; June 9, 2009, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Cart ran fine for 4 days then began acting up sporadically . Sometimes will go sometimes won't. Can't get tests completed before it begins to work again. This has to be an easy fix, just don't want to buy wrong component. It can only be the on-board computer, mcor, or speed controller (since solenoid tests fine, f/r switch looks good and key switch is working). I think i'm going to get the mcor and try it since other people's questions seem to hit around the mcor even though they are different problems. Hope it works !!!

Comment

Replaced MCOR and cart has been running fine (but it also ran fine for several days before part replacement). Cut old MCOR open and found contacts in microswitch were corroded and discolored. Slide contacts were also dirty and spring was weak. Maybe this was the problem. Played a round of golf last week and it seemed to work fine. Thanks for all your help!!

Comment

Cart has been working fine for three months now. MCOR was the problem. Thanks for the help !!!

Comment

Nice dus, thanks for the update
                      Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
                        Nice dus, thanks for the update
                        Matti i am new here so not sure if this is where I ask but here goes.

Had new batteries installed in my 2001 Club Car. Tech says OBG is discolored and could mean it is bad and will ruin my batteries before there time and warentee will be void, True or false?

Comment

Posted earlier by PJOHNS2654 View Post
                          Matti i am new here so not sure if this is where I ask but here goes.

Had new batteries installed in my 2001 Club Car. Tech says OBG is discolored and could mean it is bad and will ruin my batteries before there time and warentee will be void, True or false?
                          If the charger is not shutting off and the batteries are new, the OBC is bad. The OBC shuts off the charger after 16 hours, if it is not shutting off after 16 hours than you know it is bad. Its the only way to test it.
                          Regards

Comment

attention "DUS"
                            can you post pictures of the cut open mcor

also where did you buy the mcor and how much ??? thinking of buying a spare....
                            question if i cut open my mcor carefully can the microswitch and other parts be replaced
                            Updated by forbruce; August 24, 2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            X