Changed batteries, doing nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed batteries, doing nothing

2002 DS , changed the batteries and fully chrged them, all seems well there. the solinoid is not closing, i have located only the two fuses at the charger input. I have full, positive voltage all over the solinoid. I know that curtis cntrlrs normally work on the negitive side, at least in fork lifts. I think this tells me that there may be a bad fuse or an open on the input side of the cntrlr. where are the other fuses??? also, if i disconnect all power and start over, connect batts, tow switch to run, key on, select rev. apply accel. then i get two slow flashes from the battery charge indicator light and thats all.

I wonder if I left anything out.... any insight would be greatly appreciated,
    tnx, kamich
    Updated by kamich; April 23, 2009, 06:48 PM.

Hi kamich. Was it running fine until you replaced the batteries? If this is why the problem has occurred you must check to make sure you wired the batteries properly, cleanly and tightly.
    Regards

Comment

Hey Matti, all was fine until i allowed the old batts to discharge and freeze, hench the new batts, (oooops). yep, all wiring good

Comment

I see .. Well the negative supply to the solenoid goes through the OBC then to the solenoid. Your problem most likley lies within the OBC or the solenoid. The OBC usually goes when you short something out, so I am leaning more towards the solenoid. With the batteries charged try jumping the solenoid with a 6 gage wire across the large posts.
        Regards

Comment

that was next, i didn't have the rear wheels off the ground yet. Once i block it up ill try that.

Comment

got the wheels off the ground and jumped the solenoid, nothing.
            not getting the negitive side from the controller.
            guess it may be the controller.
            can anyone tell me how many fuses there are and there location.
            2002 DS IQ w/regen Curtis 1510-5201

Comment

Should be only one near the solenoid. You wouldn't happen to have any charging problems do you?
              Regards

Comment

try checking the mcor

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X