97 Club Car DS Strange Acceleration Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Club Car DS Strange Acceleration Problem

I picked it up a few days ago and was running perfect except a bit of noise from the differential. Yesterday, fully charged batteries, would only go slow and felt like it was dying. Put it on jacks and it would only go slow in forward or reversed. Batteries are good. Today it did the same but after many starts stop it would go normal fast but then it will only go slow. I sprayed both reverse switch and swiper contacts. After messing around, if I depress full speed and the swiper arm at the last contact, it would run slow, but when I lift the arm it would run normally. Not sure if thats what is bad. This cart also has a Lester on board computer with one lead going to the solenoid and another to the charge receptacle. Don't see that in the parts manual. So bottom line is that it will go fast with pedal totally depressed and lifting the swiper arm away from the pad.

The symptoms you're describing point towards a potential issue with the throttle or the speed sensor.

The swiper arm and contacts you mentioned play a crucial role in controlling the speed and direction of the cart. The fact that manipulating the swiper arm affects the speed suggests there might be an irregularity with the throttle input or the speed sensor.

The Lester onboard computer's wiring might also play a part in this puzzle. It's possible that the wiring or connections related to the computer, solenoid, or charge receptacle might be affecting the throttle control or the overall electrical system.

Given the complexity of the issue, I'd recommend inspecting the throttle mechanism thoroughly. Check for any wear, damage, or misalignment in the swiper arm and its contacts. Additionally, inspect the wiring connected to the throttle and speed sensor for any signs of damage or loose connections.

Regarding the Lester onboard computer, it's unusual not to find it in the parts manual. This could indicate a non-standard modification or an aftermarket addition to the cart. Checking the wiring diagrams might shed more light on its role in the system.

Ultimately, with electrical quirks like these, a detailed inspection of the throttle mechanism, speed sensor, and related wiring could uncover the root cause. If the issue persists or becomes more complex, seeking professional help from a technician experienced with Club Cars might be the best route to a solution.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X