My 36 v doesn't turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 36 v doesn't turn off

Hi, new here I have a 1999 club car ds 36 V just put a new battery pack in and it will not turn off with the key. Batteries drained within 5 hrs.
    Did I do something wrong?
    Thanks

Welcome aboard! A new battery pack draining within 5 hours definitely raises some concerns, especially if the cart isn't turning off with the key.

First things first, let's make sure the key switch is functioning correctly. Sometimes, a faulty key switch can cause this kind of problem, where the cart doesn't completely shut down despite turning the key. Check the connections and functionality of the key switch to verify it's operating as it should.

Also inspect the wiring and connections around the battery pack. Loose or incorrect connections might cause excessive drain. Check all connections are secure, and there's no unnecessary draw on the batteries when the cart is supposedly turned off.

If the key switch and wiring check out fine, it might be worth investigating the charger circuit. Sometimes, a malfunctioning charger can cause a continuous draw on the batteries, preventing them from staying charged.
    Updated by Michael Eddie; last week.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X