Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Club Car only clicks and buzzes, suspect controller or motor issue

I have a 2009 Club Car Precedent 48v IQ
    It's been in storage for years (maybe 9 or 10?)
    From the symptoms when it went down I replaced the MCOR
    and upgraded the dead lead acid batteries to LifePo. (Bigbattery)

I did the OBC bypass (including jumping blue to white wires) I ended up removing the whole charge port and harness since I want to use the hole for my new LifePo charger. Left the black wire from OBC run to the battery main negative.

With fully charged battery pack,
    key on,
    switch in forward
    go pedal pressed
    only click of solenoid.
    In reverse,
    backup buzzer sounds
    and click of solenoid.

(Checked 15 amp fuse and it's good. Diode looks good.)

Unless I did something wrong during OBC bypass, I'm suspecting controller or motor? Have a tester but haven't tested either yet. Would need some advice on the testing.

Thanks for any ideas. Glad I found this group.
    Curtis D.C. MOTOR CONTROLLER
    Part Number 102806201
    VOLTAGE: 48V CURRENT: 250A
    MODEL: 1510A-5251

Club Car Motor
    48v AU2500 3.3HP
    Part #s 102705001 EJ4-4001

The fact that you're hearing the solenoid click in both forward and reverse but not getting any motor action hints at a potential issue elsewhere.

Given your recent work, it's reasonable to suspect the controller or the motor. Before jumping to conclusions, though, testing these components could provide clearer insights.

For the Curtis DC motor controller, you could use a multimeter to check voltage outputs at various points, ensuring that the controller is receiving and sending the right signals. Testing continuity across the solenoid when pressing the pedal might also be worthwhile.

Regarding the motor, a resistance test can be done to check for any shorts or irregularities. Testing the motor's connections and ensuring they're clean and secure could also rule out connectivity issues.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X