adding a 12volt battery to 48volt system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding a 12volt battery to 48volt system

I am adding a 12volt deep cycle to run stero and ligths. Can you connect to the 12 volt side of the voltage reducer and will it charge thur the reducer when charging the 48 volt system

I'm thinking the same thing. I can't seem to find any install info about installing the reducer to the Club Car Precedent 48 volt. I was told to run the yellow wire to the key switch. Before I do I was looking for conformation before I screw something up.

Comment

The factory reducer will only put out about 11 amps before you have problems. If you put in a current limit unit, there would be no problem. http://freecircuitdiagram.com/2008/0...miter-circuit/ is a good circuit. There a commercially available current limiters but beware that if it says thermistor, it is not what you want..
      The cart man in Raleigh.

Comment

sort of
        remember to fully charge a lead acid battery you need 2.3 to 2.5 volts per cell so 6 (cells) x 2.3 (low end charge) = 13.8 does your reducer put out at least 13.8 volts under load.

do you have 6, 8 or 12 volt batteries ? if 6 or 12 then you could charge in parallel with them using a switch or relay to brake the connection when not charging.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X