Cart jerking out of gear hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart jerking out of gear hard

Hi. New to the site. I have a club car precedent 48 volt. The other day I went to put it in reverse. It started to back up and it felt like something slammed and then it stopped. If I let off the gas and tried again it would do the same thing. It then started to do it in the forward gear i really is a prettyhard jolt when it does it. And it feels like it is lacking a bit of power and top end. It also will no longer load into my trailer. Any ideas?

Make sure all the wires are tight on the motor and batteries with no corrosion. When is the last time you serviced the rear end
    Updated by whiteGIANT510; March 25, 2022, 05:33 PM.

Comment

The wires on batteries are all tight. I'll check the motor connection. The cart was frame up restored when I got it , so never touched the rear end. What do you mean by serving it?

Comment

Changing the oil and inspect the gears and such.

Comment

Got ya. Haven't done that yet. I think the gears are ok because sometimes it drives fine forward. Kind of hit or miss. But I'm no cart expert either

Comment

I'm definitely not either.

Comment

https://youtu.be/zmoSDhs1644

Comment

One possibility is that there might be a problem with the motor or the controller. If there's a sudden loss of power or a jolt while operating in both forward and reverse, it could suggest an issue with the motor's connections, the controller, or possibly even internal motor damage.

It's possible that something might have become dislodged or damaged within the drivetrain, causing the sudden jolt and the lack of power.

Given that it's affecting both forward and reverse, it might be a more centralized issue, possibly with a component common to both modes of operation. A thorough inspection of the drivetrain, motor connections, and controller might help pinpoint the specific area of concern.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X