Brake lights not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake lights not working

I have completed upgrading my 2006 CC Precedent with a street legal light kit. Everything works fine but the brake lights. I have used both the spring loaded push pull attachment as well as the simple screwed on pulse pad to the brake pedal. Neither works. Not sure how to test the two leads coming from original wire harness to see if are ok. Any suggestions appreciated. TIA

If both the spring-loaded push-pull attachment and the pulse pad haven't activated the brake lights, it's worth checking the connections and ensuring they're properly linked to the brake light wiring from the kit.

Testing the leads coming from the original wire harness can be done with a multimeter set to measure voltage. First, locate the wires that should correspond to the brake lights in the original harness. Then, with the brake pedal depressed (simulating a brake application), use the multimeter to test for voltage in those wires. If there's voltage detected when the brake is engaged, it indicates that the signal is getting to that point, but there might be an issue with the connection or the brake light assembly.

If there's no voltage detected when the brake is applied, it could point to an issue with the wiring or the brake pedal switch itself. Checking for any loose or disconnected wires around the brake pedal switch and ensuring a proper connection from the kit's wiring to the brake pedal switch might help resolve the issue.

Sometimes, adjustments to the placement or alignment of the spring-loaded attachment or pulse pad on the brake pedal can make a difference in activating the brake lights. Ensuring these attachments are correctly aligned and securely in place might also be worthwhile.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X