Club Car Precedent brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Car Precedent brakes

I installed a 6" lift kit and 23" tires on my 2016 club car Precedent. Now my drivers side brake locks up when braking. I have checked the brake cables and the drivers side is tighter than the passengers side. I assume the brakes are unevenly being applied causing the one side to lock up the wheel. There is not a way to loosen the cable itself to even out the drivers side and passengers side. is this common and what can be done to help it?

Uneven brake application after installing a lift kit and larger tires is not uncommon. The alteration in height and tire size can affect the distribution of weight on the cart, potentially impacting brake performance.

To address this issue, one potential solution involves adjusting the brake system to achieve a more balanced application between the two sides. Since the cables are not directly adjustable, you might need to consider other adjustment points within the brake system itself. Start by examining the brake drums and components. Ensure they're clean, properly lubricated, and free from any debris that might hinder smooth operation. Sometimes, minor adjustments to the brake linkage or the brake shoes themselves might help achieve a more balanced brake application.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X