Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP. My lestronic 2 model 7850 charging display needle is pined at 30 amp when charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP. My lestronic 2 model 7850 charging display needle is pined at 30 amp when charging

So a little intro I just bought my first golf cart last week. It is a 1985 club cart DS. The guy I bought from gave me a charger with it. The cart came with all new batteries 9/21.

So the problem I have is tonight was only the second time i have used it the first time I used it when I plug it into the cart the display needle was dancing between 25-30amps. I only charged it for maybe25-45 minutes. Now today when I go to charge cart I plug in the charger to the wall then I plug it into the cart and at first it sit at 1 amp then i wiggle the cord going from the wall to the charger and after playing with it for a little bit it starts charging and the display needle is slammed at 30 amps. I checked with my meter what it was charging at the batteries and it was steady at 38amps. I left it on the cart for about an hour and it was till at 38amps so I disconnected it from the cart and the wall and here I am. Since this is my first golf cart I dont know were to start so any suggestion of if anyone has seen this the help would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to cook or damage my brand new batteries.

Thank you

When you observe fluctuations in amp readings or notice instability in the charging process, it's essential to ensure that the connections are secure and free from corrosion. Check the connections from the charger to the cart and the wall outlet to ensure everything is snug and properly seated.

Inconsistent amp readings or erratic charging behavior could sometimes indicate issues with the charger itself. Given the symptoms you described, specifically, the display needle jumping between values and requiring manipulation to start charging, it might be worth investigating the charger unit for any signs of damage, loose components, or faulty wiring.

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X