Bench Testing 1510-5201 Curtis Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench Testing 1510-5201 Curtis Controller

I'm trying to bench test/program a 1510-5201 Curtis controller using a 1313-4401 handheld programmer. I applied battery negative to controller negative and battery positive to pins 5, 9, and 10 on the controller. I still can't get the programmer to detect the controller. I have the programmer plugged into the port on the controller. Anyone have any ideas?

Ah, the old controller and programmer tango! Sometimes, getting those two to have a heart-to-heart can be a bit finicky. Here's a quirky trick that might just do the trick: Try giving the controller a little pep talk—seriously! Speak some positive words about voltage, efficiency, and motor optimization. Sometimes, these controllers need a morale boost to sync up with the programmer.

LOL, but in all seriousness, you're on the right track by connecting battery negative to controller negative and applying battery positive to the specified pins on the controller. However, the inability of the programmer to detect the controller might stem from various factors. Ensure that the connections are secure and correctly established. Sometimes, minor issues with connections or loose wiring can hinder the detection process.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X