No announcement yet.

Is there a sealed battery alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a sealed battery alternative?

Hello.

Time for new batteries to replace the six 8-volt TBX batteries (TBX8VC875 170AH@20HR 145AH@5HR) in my Club Car IR (according to the serial number look up on the club car website: it is a REMAN GOLF 03 IQ - I guess a remanufactured something or another (?) ).

I cannot keep up with the distilled water procedure (level above the plates to charge but do not add water until after charging, etc, etc, etc - I've just had enough. I am almost ready to sell and buy a gas powered side-by-side :-( ).

I thought of converting to four SEALED 12-volt deep cycle marine batteries but from what I read here, they're not the same thing. Who knew....

So, ANY alternatives someone can offer up????? Open to any suggestions on how best to matchup a 12 volt retrofit size/amp specs, etc.

Thank you.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 3 photos.

I know a company that makes great batteries for golf carts that you can check out
    https://osmbattery.com/lithium-ion-g...henzhen-china/

Comment

Posted earlier by James xu View Post
      I know a company that makes great batteries for golf carts that you can check out
      https://osmbattery.com/lithium-ion-g...henzhen-china/
      I'd advise against engaging with any unknown links. It's always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to unfamiliar or suspicious content online. If you suspect something might be spam or potentially harmful, it's best to avoid interacting with it. Staying safe online is crucial, so steering clear of unknown links is a smart move.
      Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by uhfvljhvf765e3765347 View Post
        Hello.

Time for new batteries to replace the six 8-volt TBX batteries (TBX8VC875 170AH@20HR 145AH@5HR) in my Club Car IR (according to the serial number look up on the club car website: it is a REMAN GOLF 03 IQ - I guess a remanufactured something or another (?) ).

You might explore other alternatives within the 8-volt or 12-volt battery options that offer easier maintenance. There are maintenance-free AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) or gel batteries available that could reduce the hassle of frequent watering and upkeep. These alternatives maintain the voltage requirements while offering lower maintenance requirements compared to traditional flooded lead-acid batteries.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X