2002 Club Car Will Not Run Long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Club Car Will Not Run Long

here is the deal i have a 2002 club car 48 volt i charge the battery full charge ,the cart will go about 1/8 of a mile and the cart will slow just about to a stop like the batterys are dead,so i charge the battery and check the battery at full charge with charger still hooked up and battery show 14.4 to 14.7 and all four battery show good,but when you ride the cart 700 or 800 feet it is like the battery are gone could this be the speed controller over heating and stopping the cart,need some help here, thanks crush
    CRUSH

Hey crush, run a full charge cycle and then jack up the cart so the rear wheels are off the ground. Now floor it and test each battery with a volt meter. Let me know what you get.
    Regards

Comment

by doing that the battery reading in the mid 11 got 11.5 threw 11.9
      CRUSH

Comment

The problem you are describing sounds just like a problem with one of the batteries, it is harder to find out on higher voltage batteries. Your batteries are under 3 years old?

Try the above from my last post again, and this time run the cart until it starts slowing down and check the voltage on all batteries.

While you are at it, check the water levels in the batteries. Also make sure there are no broken battery or motor cables by looking and tugging on them, and that the connections are clean and tight.
        Regards

Comment

ok will do then will let you know thanks crush
          CRUSH

Comment

New here to the board but you need to fully charge the batteries and load test each battery.

Sounds like you have a bad battery.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X