Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2 cables

Where is the best place to buy

Good question. There are some interesting comments on this vendor's site http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/ they mention professional crimping and not using solder or wrap for maximum performance and corrosion resistance.

Comment

I made my own. I use copper pipe from the hardware store. I cut it 1 1/2 to 2 inches I don't remember which length.I use a vise to flatten one end of the pipe then drill your hole to fit your battery post. GET A CRIMPING TOOL. You WANT a good crimp on these. Also use heat shrink to seal it. If you don't down the road you will be sorry.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

you can buy them on ebay or try to make your own.

I have links to the ends and also solder slugs ( these are slugs of solder that fit inside of the lugs you drop one in heat the lug with a torch and then insert your wire with flux on it.) I use #2 welding cable and have a crimp-er that fits up to 0000 wire its really not hard to make your own and they will work great.

Comment

I would love to have your links. If you don't mind.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X