Flashing dash light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing dash light

I have a 1996 DS club car 48 volt. It has a flashing orange battery light that is flashing on 5 sec and off 5 sec and on 25sec then repeats. All batteries and cables have been cleaned and charged. All wiring has been checked. It will except a charge from the charger about 50% of the time and at other times it won't because the light is flashing. If I disconnect the negative cable and let it sit for a few minutes the code goes away but then reacurrs at times. Also if I plug the charger in while the light is flashing it will stop flashing and except a charge. Any ideas what might be causing this erratic battery light issue.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since you've already checked and cleaned the batteries, cables, and wiring, the issue might stem from the charging system or the onboard computer.

One potential cause could be a faulty connection or sensor within the charging system that intermittently triggers the flashing light. An irregular connection or a sensor issue might intermittently disrupt the charging process, leading to the flashing light pattern.

Disconnecting the negative cable and allowing the system to reset temporarily alleviates the issue, suggesting that there might be an intermittent fault or glitch within the charging system that momentarily resolves after a reset.

When the light is flashing, plugging in the charger seems to interrupt the flashing and allow the charging process to initiate. This behavior might indicate that the charger itself, or its interaction with the onboard computer, could be contributing to the issue.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X