Batteries draining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries draining

Hey folks. Need some help please. 1991 club car DS is draining batteries except when in neutral. Cart has no lights so that's not an issue. With key OFF cart tries to roll when forward or reverse is engaged and will apply more power when accelerator is depressed. So basically powers is being applied wether the key is on or off. I have checked the key switch and it is working properly. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me which part to start with? Solenoid, F/R switch, or V glide. I'm thinking it would be solenoid since the key ties in there and the cart is receiving power when key is off

Check the momentary on switches located on the F/R switch.

Comment

From your description, it sounds like the issue might be related to the solenoid or the Forward/Reverse switch. Start by inspecting the F/R switch. Ensure it's not sticking or causing an unintended connection when engaged. Sometimes, worn out or misaligned switches can create continuous power flow regardless of the key position.

The solenoid is another likely suspect. Check for signs of corrosion or damage on the solenoid and its connections. A faulty solenoid can cause a continuous flow of power, even when the key is turned off.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X