Tie rod threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie rod threads

Hello all; just joined up after purchasing an '11 Club Car Precedent. Just completed first modification with a Jakes 3" lift and 20" tires (10" wheels). The first problem I've encountered was setting of the toe after kit installation. The driver side tie rod end was virtually frozen on the steering rod. I managed to get it to turn the opposite direction I needed to go, but was able to get it back where it was plus a little more (adjusted toe to more "in"). The passenger side adjusted smoothly & I was able to get the toe-in set properly, but due to using mostly the passenger side adjustment, my steering wheel is a little offset to the right. I thought I would just replace the tie rod end and get rid of the near frozen condition of the driver side end. On the web, I found there are "right" and "left" threaded ends. I've encountered this on autos & such, but I didn't see the need on the cart. There's only the rod and end on each side. I see no need for a left hand thread on one side other than to make the rod rotation the same on both sides. My confusion; both sides of mine seem to be right handed threads (clockwise turning of steering rod threads the rod deeper into the tie rod end). Do CC Precedent Carts have two right - hand threaded tie rod ends, or did I mistake what direction I was turning one side? My almost seized tie-rod end is on the driver's side. I'm virtually certain the driver's side is right-handed threads, but the passenger side adjusted so easily, I didn't mess with it much, so I may have been turning the rod differently than I remember. So, if there is a left hand thread tie-rod end on my cart, on which side is it located???? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X