my club car got flooded durring hurricane ike the sea water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my club car got flooded durring hurricane ike the sea water

the water only came up about 1.5ft the top of the batteries did not look like they were covered, the water line level left mark about 2 inches below the top of the batteries. I am going to check the batteries to see if they are still good....the club car i think is a 05 or 04. Is there a place to get the a diagram of the system so i can change out the parts and get it running.

Did the cart sit uncharged? The salt water is going to really mess up the electronics, but you should be able to clean and salvage some of the parts. I will see what I can do for you on the diagram.
    Regards

Comment

sorry i took so long to get back as my wife's grandfather became very ill and passed away and with holidays and her grandmother staying with us so she would not be alone taxed my my time,but i would not have any other way....i did get around to taking the car apart.....the batteries are shot...trojan helped me with that...i took the wires out of the car from the battery compartment all the way to the motor...i took off the controller it looked like the water came to the very bottom of it...but i do not think water got into...but i am going to have that checked.....i tried to get the motor off but i was only able to remove the bolts running to the main body and also took off the the electrial bolts off and was able to crack open the engine housing....but i cant get the engine off......it seems like the shaft is some still screwed to the to the transmission or whatever you call the housing that the engine connects.....the cart is 2005....whould you happen to know to take the motor off or have a diagram for this cart or know where i could get one.....thanks for your help....

when i cracked the engine housing some black and white crystal like dirt came out of it.....
      Updated by marcdibella; January 6, 2009, 10:06 PM. Reason: need to add more info

Comment

Give it a good pull, it will come out. No need for apology, my condolences to your family.
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X