09 president- running in tow mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09 president- running in tow mode

i have a 09 president excel car that runs in tow mode, it only runs half speed but in tow mode the regen braking still kicks in, actually i have a 09 and a 10. same problem, any idea's ? traced the tan wire back to the sonic weld. its in good shape. going to crawl back under it and do more test procedures.

the first thing you need to do is find out which pin on the controller is fed by the run tow switch, it should be turned on and off by the run tow switch 48 volts to neg of battery pack.

Comment

alright, got distracted with other customers, will get back on it in the am. is this a common problem with excel cars? seems that it's the only ones with this problem. went to your website and looked for this problem. found a couple things and printed them out to try in the am also. cool website tho! i have all the manual's up to 08. i'll have to get the newer ones added to my library. thanks for your help. "pistol"

Comment

Common ? The tow switch puts the controller in sleep mode so there are three things off the top of my head that would cause your problem.
        1 bad run tow switch
        2 bad connector on controller shorting to another pin
        3 bad controller internal

Comment

installed new to/run switch, checked all connections at plastic at the controler. new/remaned 1515 controler by flight systems. going to travel back up the wires to make shur there not shorted up stream.

Comment

Posted earlier by pistolsrepair View Post
            installed new to/run switch, checked all connections at plastic at the controler. new/remaned 1515 controler by flight systems. going to travel back up the wires to make shur there not shorted up stream.
            Pistol got to use your meter at controller connection probe from back side and check the switch actuation on to off

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X