need help on install of charger recep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on install of charger recep

I cant find a vin # any where on cart but I narrowed it down to a 89 to 94 model need help installing charge receptacle on cart its the crowfoot style its in pic detail A the guy that i bought it from said it was a 48v but its not i bought 2 carts from him 1 was a good cart and 1 was a parts cart the one that was good is the one he said was a 48v but it has a 36v motor and setup but it had a 46v charger receptacle on it and a charge i have it running just need to switch charger receptacle out
    Attached Files

Do the batteries have 3 or 4 fill caps?

If you have 3 caps then it's 36 volt pack - See attached picture for diagram. Fig. F. battery 6 negative, connect charge receptacle negative. battery 1 positive, connect charge receptacle positive(normally connect on f/r switch.

If you have 4 caps then it's 48 volt pack. Fig. A. same as above but batteries 1 & 6 in different location.

Let us know how it works out.
    Attached Files
    Updated by wthompson; February 18, 2014, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks I have 3 fill cap I brought it to the shop to get batteries cause it didn't have any when I got it and the cart shop told me it was a 36v cart but we never looked the charger receptacle

Comment

The charge plug has nothing to do with the voltage. Only that it matches the plug on the charger and is wired correctly to the batteries. Make sure the charger is a 36v not 48v.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X