OBC/charger question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBC/charger question

I just purchased a DPI charger and bought the non OBC type by mistake. My options are try to exchange and pay approx $100 rt shipping or keep charger and bypass obc. On the bypass, I've seen simple to complicated. Simple being splicing a wire from the charger input to the back battery negative. If I switch chargers I could end up with obc issues/expense in the future. What's my best choice?

Steve

get rid of your OBC, charger should have come with directions to remove OBC, the directions differ with the model and year of your cart.

Comment

I have a 03 48 volt club car DS cart.I have only had it about 5 months.I have neaver had a problem with it.I went out to plug the charger in and it would not come on.Then I turned the key on and had no power at all the batteries are fully charged.Does anybody have any ideals that would help and I found a repair manuel on this site for a president and cant find one for the DS. Thanks for any help I can get.

Comment

Hi speed
        Read through this post if you have any questions I will be happy to help

http://www.golfcartsforum.com/club-c...ectronics.html

Comment

Gaminde, thanks for the reply. DPI doesn't give instructions on how to bypass the obc since they make chargers for both types. I read the thread, are you talking about the gray wire test? I would make that permanent? I don't see how to get into the obc to disconnect the gray wire. I have an '03 DS regen IQ cart.

Steve

Comment

I spliced a wire from the charger receptacle black wire to the battery pack negative and the charger is working ok now.
            Sred53

Comment

Yes that is correct to charge with, now the red and blue or blue and white wire to the OBC will need to be connected together to allow the cart to run. Oh this is for Iq carts only other carts will need different wires jumped. Sorry I took so long to answer,
              Updated by gaminde; December 16, 2013, 06:41 PM.

Comment

OK, I have red, blue and white going to the obc. Do I try red/blue and if that doesn't work then blue/white? Can i do a parallel splice or do the wires have to be cut?
                Sred53

Comment

Its red to blue or the blue wire may have a white stripe blue/white

Comment

Thanks for all your help. I connected the red/blue wires and the cart runs ok. Now I can keep the new charger I bought.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X