The need for Speed and Torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The need for Speed and Torque

Ok, I am looking for a little more speed and torque with my cart. It's way slower then everyone else's especially on hills. Is there some things I could do that are fairly cheap to help this old cart out? Here are my cart specs: 2000 club car DS 48V, serial # A0032, brand new Trojan batteries last year, brand new club car wires for batteries. Everything else as far as I know is stock. Thanks and God Bless!

You have a series cart, this means your motor is wound in series. Your carts speed is controlled either by resistors, or controller, so there is no cheep way to increase speed and torque.

Comment

So basically your saying a new motor or something like that. $500 - 1000

Comment

Or rebuilt for 36 volts, and maybe a controller at some point. Maybe 200 to 400

Comment

There's a place on EBay selling a high speed magnet for DS club cars. Claims to increase speeds to 22+. Anyone know if it works?

Comment

Posted earlier by Sred53 View Post
            There's a place on EBay selling a high speed magnet for DS club cars. Claims to increase speeds to 22+. Anyone know if it works?
            the magnet will work, it is like speed code 4, it will not do 22 miles per hour and has no extra torque, it only works on IQ carts so if its a DS IQ it'll work. the original poster has a series cart and it will not work on that cart.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X