Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

found Apossible buy on Acart what can you share with me on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found Apossible buy on Acart what can you share with me on...

this cart i'm looking at has 6 batteries ---its A club car. My may-be problem is this.I have 5 new batteries that are 12 volt. How does this voltage thing--work as far has which batteries to use .tell me what i can do on this issue. I don't want to buy A cart that isn't strong enough to pull A kar A short distance [example]The owner used it in a trailer park, and don't know much about it please help i am going to look at it monday am 27th thank you for anything .as i know nothing about them bob s

Your post is a bit confusing. But I'll try. The cart can either a 36 volt or a 48 volt system, There will be either 6- 6 volt or 6-8 volt batteries wired in series. All batteries are of the deep cycle type and are for golf cart use.. If the 12 volt batteries you have are deep cycle the may work 3 12 volt or 4 12 volt in series. However they will not deliver the power required for very long in a golf cart. If the batteries are car starting batteries they should not be used in a golf cart as they will not withstand the continuous power required for a golf cart. Good cart batteries will be $100.00 to $150.00 or more each.

What voltage does the batteries show now at full charge??

Comment

I'm no expert, but if it's a 48 volt, which it would be if each battery has 4 caps, they you could run with four 12 volt batteries. However you won't have quite as much run time as compared to six 8 volt battery.

Comment

i bought the cart .and have 4 deep cells in it.I won't use this cart much so the 12s...as i'm assured will last me Along time , just hope they are right these are free batts. thank you for the help all@Have a great new year . bob s

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X