Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed code 4 programmable yes

Here is a bit of info:
    I have been able to program speed code 4 into a controller 1510-5201 older IQ. I have 22 inch tires and got up to 19.6 - 22 and with the 2Speed unit it got to 25

So there is hope after all
    Updated by gaminde; March 23, 2013, 01:26 PM.

Ok update with a little more fooling around with programming alone GPS speed of 22.2 using a two speed unit speeds of 26.4 not bad with a stock controller and motor, I suspect I'm pushing the limits at this point.

Now I'm thinking of making a unit to switch between MODES one for crawling (hunting) the other for SPEED.

Any feedback welcome and needed at this point.

Comment

i would love to have that option on my cart.... I just bought my first electric cart last week and i'm dropping it off today to get the setting 4 installed. i wish i would have found this site before today. i have to pay $120 to get it programed but i't only goes 8mph right now so its worth it.

Comment

jason looks like you may have a bad speed sensor also which defaults to 8mph

Comment

yep you are correct i had a bad speed sensor as well... now the only bad thing is with two or three people on it, it wont pull hills? do you think that is the battery or motor? it goes really good on flat land... do you think could be the gears?

Comment

it certainly could be batteries clip volt meter across to pack and drive the cart if the voltage drops below 45 then yeah maybe then put your meter on each individual battery and drive it see if one or two drop lower than the rest. Using my speed code 5 programmer you get 20 % more torque.

Comment

hum i'll have to figure out how to clip it on there all i have is volt meter with the pronges on the end. i've measured them individualy with it sitting still and they are all over 12 volts and i think 50.9 in total series. but i haven't checked it under load yet. Do you think the liquid revive stuff works?

Comment

I tried some to the "revive" stuff don't bother. But you may bew interested in this.
                http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...html#post14569

Comment

thanks Larry1950 looks like an excelent way to monitor the batteries! do you know if his email address is still active?

Comment

Yes the email is good. I have installed about 6 of the meters on carts around here, plus my own. Got one in the box to put in my mothers cart. Simple flip of the switch and you can monitor each battery. Real reasonable pricing.

Comment

Posted earlier by Larry1950 View Post
                      Yes the email is good. I have installed about 6 of the meters on carts around here, plus my own. Got one in the box to put in my mothers cart. Simple flip of the switch and you can monitor each battery. Real reasonable pricing.
                      can it monitor the whole system as well? so you see what the series of batteries are doing as a whole?

Comment

also i have a club car with a power mate II charger when it is charging the batteries are bubbling, is that normal?

Comment

I have a separate meter for the series string, at present the 6 position only looks at each battery, could be done with a 7 or 8 position switch. You could ask the guy that makes them.
                          Yes normal for the batteries to bubble, as the batteries age the more they will bubble. One of the best investments is a hydrometer to monitor each cell and proper water level. Its also good to leave the seat open while charging, as this allow the gasses to vent better, helping to prevent corrosion in the battery compartment, frame, connections, etc.

Comment

finally got the battery monitor system up and running. looks like two batteries drop down to 11volts when going up a hill and then two drop down to high nine volts... looks like i need to start saving for some batteries.
                            so no one has had any luck with the battery revive stuff?

Comment

To be honest I have not tried the liquid revive stuff.
                              I did try the "secret chemical" from EBay mix with hot water, its nothing more than Epsom salts. (Claimed 90% success rate) We used 3 different carts (18 batteries) that had tired batteries. Followed the directions to the letter. Took hydrometer readings before and after a week. Most cells showed a lower hydrometer readings, there were a few cells that maintained the same reading. None of the batteries improved. Some may have had success.
                              Your choice if you want to try the liquid stuff and post a report, what the heck for $35.00 may be worth it.

A question I have, it appears you have 4 12v batteries. Are they marine deep cycle or golf cart batteries? If they are marine type they will not perform as 6 8v batteries. If looking a new batteries, be sure to compare amp ratings. Not all batteries are equal. Sam's club has the best prices for comparable batteries.

Comment

it has two trojans and two usa batteries... not sure why the person mixed the two?? i've heard that when you replace one you should replace all. do you think the ones at sam's are as good as the trojans? or last as long?

Comment

2 of my neighbors and myself have the batteries from Sam's club. All have performed very well. 1 set is now over 4 years old, still strong, another is just over a year old, no problems. Mine are 2 months old and now that the weather is finally over 40 degrees are doing great. No batteries like cold weather. The batteries at Sam's are about half the cost of Trojans, the amp rating is very close and a 12 month replacement warranty. About 3 weeks ago I had a solenoid go bad and stuck closed, the next morning the batteries were totally flat, I was sure the batteries were toast. But much to my surprise they charged up nicely and are performing as they should. It been over a week since the last charge, I have put about 2 hours run time on the cart. Each battery is still showing 6.3v static and 5.9v going up hill. I am going to run the cart till the battery meters show 6.0 to 6.1v and do a good charge cycle.
                                  New batteries will take between 20 and 50 charge cycles before they start working properly. And warm weather
                                  I might add the closest place to get Trojans is 90 miles away, Sam's is 2 miles.
                                  Updated by Larry1950; May 1, 2013, 06:40 AM.

Comment

hey if its half as cheap and last about as long as a trojan you can't go wrong...

Comment

Cool!
                                      The stuck solenoid was a trip. I had ankle fusion surgery 9 weeks ago and am on crutches. I got out to my garage to find dead batteries, and thought oh S(*&. I plugged in the charger and was checking each battery voltage. When my cart started slowly backing itself out of the garage heading for my truck. Of course being on crutches I couldn't catch it. Fortunately when it backed out far enough to unplug the charger it didn't have enough charge to go very far and didn't quite make it to my truck. Cudda made a lot of money on Funniest Home Videos.

Comment

man you should of had a camera that would have been great. i've put my gopro camera on mine maybe one day i'll have some good footage....

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                        X