2008 club car motor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 club car motor question

Hi im considering a 2008 48v cc ds think its a regen cart.Everbody seems to not care for the regen set up. Im looking for a hunting type cart. Can i get some opinions on this version cart. I like cart but with some people saying a regen cart wont work well it worries me. If i do a motor and controller upgrade wouldnt that solve any regen issues?
    Ty, John

okay here goes a long winded reply I think Reagen carts are the best, now people compare series carts to Regen carts for hunting and say Series carts have more torque when reading about Regen motors on Curtis website they say regen is as good as series in torque maybe dropping to speed code 1 for hunting or possibly using it with a 2speed unit with speed code 1 you could have the best of both worlds. now that said there are internal settings in the controller that you can change your field current and that will give you more torque. this is comparing stock to stock you start changing motors and controller and it's a new game

Comment

Posted earlier by jdubb44 View Post
      Hi im considering a 2008 48v cc ds think its a regen cart.Everbody seems to not care for the regen set up. Im looking for a hunting type cart. Can i get some opinions on this version cart. I like cart but with some people saying a regen cart wont work well it worries me. If i do a motor and controller upgrade wouldnt that solve any regen issues?
      Ty, John

from a 1266 controller manual
      setting field ramp at 50% and field map start a 0, the field current increases linearly with increasing armature current, thus emulating a series wound motor. If you can find someone who knows what there doing and has a programmer then you can have it all

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X