Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solenoid gets hot

have a 03 club car IQ lifted 23" tires was told needed to upgrade solenoid
    because most rides on soft dirt and slow can I go to a 400 amp with original controller

you can always go bigger but you most likely have a bad connection somewhere !!

Comment

I could not find any but will look again I was told if I put a 400 amp solenoid in it would burn out the stock controller UHHH not sure what it is ...
      Cart runs great as long as you dont go at slow speed very long then just quits for a couple minutes I know very little about my club car just got it any and all help or advised would be appreciated

Comment

Well now even more so The more information you give the more it says you have a bad connection. The solenoid is just a switch it has its own contact rating It's ratings have nothing to do with the controller. Replace all of your battery cables and battery to controller cables. Your controller is overheating and shutting down Thermal response You have a bad cable somewhere. It could also be a bad solenoid contacts dirty.

Comment

IQ or sepex carts are not the best for crawling, That said I wonder if speed code 1 might work better for you. Top speed would be about 8 miles per hour. From what you have posted above your controller, solenoid And most likely other parts are getting hot. Do not stall or hold yourself on a slight incline by using the go pedal this will burn up a IQ cart very quickly.

Comment

thanks for all the info check the cables some look in poor condition... replaced ones in the worst shape going to order a set 4ga welding cable ?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X