Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrical Problem in 2003 Club Car ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Problem in 2003 Club Car ????

I been working on what I thought was a Power 2 Charger problem, But maybe not.

This is where I'm at. I checked the charger it hums but no power out. Found that the relay was not working, ordered one and replaced it. Checked still not working. Ordered the complete set of parts from ebay to fix Charger. His time after replacing parts found when I plugged the charger in to the cart I blow the Relay.

So I have Blown Two relays so far. Guess I better order one more

Does any know if there is electrical parts on the cart that can backfeed voltage that would blow the relay in my charger

Any Help I'm Kind of Lost

Dave

Your problem seem to be big,well you trying hard soon you will be out of it. salvage cars for sale

Comment

Posted earlier by dmyles View Post
      I been working on what I thought was a Power 2 Charger problem, But maybe not.

This is where I'm at. I checked the charger it hums but no power out. Found that the relay was not working, ordered one and replaced it. Checked still not working. Ordered the complete set of parts from ebay to fix Charger. His time after replacing parts found when I plugged the charger in to the cart I blow the Relay.

So I have Blown Two relays so far. Guess I better order one more

Does any know if there is electrical parts on the cart that can backfeed voltage that would blow the relay in my charger

Any Help I'm Kind of Lost Dave
      Well it sounds like you have wired the relay incorrectly, and it most likely was not the problem to start with.
      You said you plugged in the charger it hummed and would not charge then you said the relay was bad and replaced it. Relay was good or charger would not have hummed relay is what turns on the charger now its wired incorrectly and blowing relays, what part of the relay is blowing contacts or coil? and send pictures of the insides of the charger showing relay.

Comment

Sorry can't seem to get a picture that shows anything. But The relay was wire as per attached drawing that was sent with the kit. How can I tell what part of the is blowing.
        Assuming this wiring is correct is there any electrical parts on the cart that can cause this or could it be the plug in on the cart. there are three prongs coming from the cart what should the voltage be on these leads if any.

Dave

Comment

Do you know if there is anything that is drawing power when the cart is turned off because I got the batteries fully changed. I then disconnected the pack and got an ark from the post.

Dave

Comment

Yes controller through the charge resistor mounted across the solenoid. Also you need to put the cart into tow mode or you will mess up the controller.

Comment

So I should always put the cart into tow mode when disconnecting or connecting the batteries. Does switch isolate the battery pack from the cart. So I don't have to disconnect the cables when I store the cart.

Dave

Comment

So I should always put the cart into tow mode when disconnecting or connecting the batteries.
                Yes you must do this

Does switch isolate the battery pack from the cart.
                No only a complete disconnect will do this.

So I don't have to disconnect the cables when I store the cart.
                Don't know why you would do this you need to leave the charger on for extended periods.

Comment

Up and running, You were right the relay was OK we changed the other parts in the upgrade kit from Ebay and reconnected every thing and all works. I will run it through some cycles over the next two weeks.

Thanks for all your help
                  Dave

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X