2004 DS IQ for the pro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 DS IQ for the pro's

I'm working on a 2004 DS IQ and while it is running all is fine.Sometimes if you stop for a few minutes it will not go again.No solenoid click.I hooked up my IQDM and fault code showed solenoid.Jumped solenoid it will go.Changed solenoid.Same issue,IQDM shows solenoid fault code.If it sets awhile it will activate and I test with IQDM and again solenoid fault code.I'm thinking maybe controller capacitor could be discharging.Any Ideas?
    Tom

Did you try to ohm test the solenoid charging coil? If not, you may want to test it. I believe the test reading should show 180-190 (ohms).

Comment

Good Idea I'll do that monday.Thanks

Comment

I think I would start with MCOR there are two plugs one three wire and one two wire. Pull the two wire plug and jump the two wires in the plug and test run the unit.

Comment

I changed out mcor and it did not fix the problem.fault code always goes to solenoid.
          Tom

Comment

Posted earlier by lakemartin View Post
            I changed out mcor and it did not fix the problem.fault code always goes to solenoid.
            Tom
            Ok there are I think 4 things in that circuit, MCOR switch and Rheostat, OBC Controller and Solenoid.
            Mcor tells controller your on the pedal, Obc tells controller the charger is not plugged in, the controller sends a signal to the solenoid to turn on and the controller senses voltage on the output of the solenoid if no voltage present then you get a solenoid fault. So you have an intermittent problem, and it looks like its in the wires to the solenoid or at the controller. it could be inside the controller also, next time it fails start wiggling the wires at controller and at solenoid.

Comment

Thanks for all the help I think I have corrected the problem.I found a very small piece of corrosion under a clean looking battery cable and cart has ran all day each time we tested it we could not make it fail.
              Tom

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X