ingersoll rand club car/Rear end troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ingersoll rand club car/Rear end troubles

Newbie here and need help! When I put the car in forward or reverse, car lugs and kinda heisates like rear end is in a bind or differential gear is stripped. Any help would be appriciated.

It would be helpful if you posted the year, model, and voltage of the cart. Otherwise, the problem sounds to me like it would be more of an electrical problem. I'd jack & block up the rear end (put the run/tow switch in "tow" if there is one) and try rotating both back wheels by hand to check out the differential. You can also check to make sure that it's not the brakes that are binding.

Comment

02, 48 volt, serial # AA0141-080734

Comment

napster;
        According to the serial# you listed it tells me that your cart is a 2001 DS model w/electronic motor controller. (AA = DS w/emc, 01 = year, 41 = week it was built)
        Like I suggested in my first relply, once you have the back end up on jack stands you can test run it to better try to pinpoint the problem. If it feels like the cart is bucking and stopping when you press down on the accellerator you could have a bad solenoid that is dropping out.

Comment

couple of things I would check would be batteries, wires, solenoid under load with a voltmeter and brakes.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what kind of fluid to put in the rear end?

Comment

22 oz. (.67 liter) SAE 30 WT. API
              Class SE, SF, or SG Oil (or higher) is what is listed in the Club Car service manual.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X