2001 club car only goes sometimes 48v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 club car only goes sometimes 48v

batts have been load tested and are good when you push the pedal you hear click sometimes it goes sometimes it doesn't. then when it does go it will stutter like power is coming and going and it is nowhere near full speed thanks for any help

Did you check ALL your terminal connections on the batteries AND to the motor??? It sounds like you've got a corroded connection or a loose one......I had that problem a few times on carts here at this golf course and it's been because of a bad wire or loose connection or corroded......check there first.....

Comment

checked all connections still same problem

Comment

Does the problem occur in both forward and reverse? If so, you could have a failing limit switch inside the V-Glide Pot.
        Also, does the clicking your hearing when you step on the accelerator sound like a limit switch clicking or are you hearing the solenoid close in?

Comment

it happens in forward and reverse but sometimes when it doesn't work in forward it will work in reverse if that makes any sense like it happens worse in forward, click is solenoid

Comment

Hi Eric;
            Welcome to GCF! The 2001 and 2002 48-volt CC's have like three different electrical circuit configurations. Can you list the serial number for your cart so I can tell which system you have.

Comment

i will get the serial number this weekend and get back to you

Comment

I've experienced the same symptoms on a 2005 DS 48V cart with > 52 volts on the batt pack. I have replaced the MCOR on my cart and thought that would fix the problem, but nada. It still runs,then usually under a load like climbing a grade will cut out. Pushing the pedal down further then it takes off again, so something is causing it to cut out but I can't figure out what it is.

Comment

I have had a problem similar to yours. Check your foot pedals gas and brake.
                  I had to have brackets ( I forgot what they are called) that hold the shaft attached to the gas and brake. This fix cost me approx. $200 because I didn't know the problem. You can can fix it yourself cheaper with a repair manual and part. Hope this will help you, let me know.

Comment

I forgot to let you know I have a 1999 Club Car DS 48v. In the past 2 years I have taken it completely down through trial and error and with the purchase of the service and maintance manuals. And with Help from my Family.

Comment

fixed it was a loose connection at the controller

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X