2005 Club Car DS Charger Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Club Car DS Charger Problem

Well, I went out and cleaned up my garage and managed to short out the extension cord I had the Powerdrive2 plugged into, which tripped a 20A circuit breaker. So now the charger clicks when I plug it into its receptacle but instead of jumping up to 8-10 amps charge I get nothing. The batteries are fully charged and read 51.33V and the reading at the plug is only 40.82.

So does this charger have a fuse or am I going to have to open it up to see if there are any burnt components? There is a plastic button on the front of the charger that I thought might be a reset, but pushing it in didn't make any difference and it didn't feel like it was resetting anything.

Any thoughts on what to troubleshoot next? Is there a schematic for the charger? Thanks in advance.

It could be bad, but most likely the extension cord or the receptacle is bad, did you check the circuit breaker on the front panel.

Comment

After my accident I plugged the charger straight into an outlet on my wall and reset the circuit breaker. I believe what I called a reset is the circuit breaker switch on the front of the charger, which I did push in but didn't feel like it was tripped.

Comment

Well I just found out what was wrong and boy do I feel stupid. When I reset the circuit breaker in my garage that was tripped I flipped it like the other two circuit switches were oriented, and guess what? They were turned OFF. Charger is working fine.

Comment

Posted earlier by relentless View Post
          Well I just found out what was wrong and boy do I feel stupid. When I reset the circuit breaker in my garage that was tripped I flipped it like the other two circuit switches were oriented, and guess what? They were turned OFF. Charger is working fine.
          Don't feel bad that's how I learned everything I know
          It really sticks with you that way.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X