Club Car Carryall II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Car Carryall II

I am working on a Club Car Carryall II E9603. I am trying to find a wiring diagram and what year it is. I tried the forum on schematics but, not sure of the year. What I know is the batteries are toast (been sitting for about 5 years) I am going to jumper from another 48v cart to see if it runs at all. The hour meter shows 81 hours. The owner tells me that they had a problem with it and new batteries were put in 5 years ago, but it has sat since. So at this point I have no idea if the OBC is good or the speed controller. The charger was not working, but I have repaired it and is working.

Ok I got 48v to the cart. The solenoid does not work, I bypassed the solenoid and the cart will run. Now I need to figure out the control wiring of the solenoid. Either the circuit that controls the solenoid is not working or the solenoid is bad.

Comment

OK found the problem. The inline fuse in the yellow wire from the OBC to the negative side of the solenoid is open, does not look blown or discolored in anyway. A quick bypass and the solenoid works. The question is should I replace the inline fuse and see what happens or replace the OBC?

Comment

Posted earlier by Larry1950 View Post
        OK found the problem. The inline fuse in the yellow wire from the OBC to the negative side of the solenoid is open, does not look blown or discolored in anyway. A quick bypass and the solenoid works. The question is should I replace the inline fuse and see what happens or replace the OBC?
        You Bet you should. you just gotta know!
        I think what you have is a 03 IQ cart

Comment

Found out its not really a inline fuse but a 10 cent diode. Replace it with a 1n4002 diode and all is well. The solenoid works and the cart runs. The owner will have to buy new batteries and now bulking at paying me for my time making it run plus pick up and delivery. About 6 hours. The wiring is the same as a 96 Club car I found in the forums. The 03 IQ is not the same wiring. I called a local guy that does cart repair and he put me in the right direction.

This is the diagram that matches the cart. http://www.golfcartsforum.com/attach...ng_diagram.jpg

Figure 24 is where the diode was bad.
          Updated by Larry1950; September 10, 2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X