Club Car Precedent has rear end rumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Car Precedent has rear end rumble

I'm a newbie to golf carts. I recently bought a 2005 Club Car Precedent that had a Rhox lift kit installed. Whenever I move the cart, either forward or reverse, there is a grinding rumble that sound like "rum, rum, rum" from the right rear wheel. Looking underneath I find nothing rubbing or interfering. Any suggestions on where I should look?

Posted earlier by pietflyer View Post
    I'm a newbie to golf carts. I recently bought a 2005 Club Car Precedent that had a Rhox lift kit installed. Whenever I move the cart, either forward or reverse, there is a grinding rumble that sound like "rum, rum, rum" from the right rear wheel. Looking underneath I find nothing rubbing or interfering. Any suggestions on where I should look?
    Brakes and or bearing, thats about it

Comment

I found it. The right brake cable was rubbing on the knobby tire upon acceleration. When the cart was sitting still with no one in it, there was about 1/2" clearance, but with a load in it and accelerating, the cable would rub on the tire. Pulled the cable over with a cable tie so it won't rub. Problem solved.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X