converting from 6 batteries to 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting from 6 batteries to 4

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to take a 36v with 6- 6v batteris and go to 36v with 3- 12 volt batteries. any thoughts would be appreciated.

U can do this but if your thinking regular car batteries (12 volts) then it's a waste of time and money. Car batteries are not for deep discharges and the run time on the cart will be very little. Car batteries need to stay charged up all the time as in your car with the alternator where as in the cart they will die a very fast death from not being fully charged all the time.
    The cart will not run very long and I wouldn't leave the yard in it.

Now if you buy the 12 volt cart batteries then u are OK are a deep cycle Marine type battery, these are made to discharge but the run times will still be shorter than the regular 6 volts.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Yeah, from what I've been reading and seeing with my own eyes here at the golf course I work at, I deal with 48V carts....most are 6-8V batteries and about a 1/3 are 4-12V batteries........the "quicker" ones are the 8V batteries AND they last longer.....I realize it may be cheaper to go to a 12V system but your performance and longevity of the cart daily will become a MAJOR issue........stick with what you got........honestly in my opinion.....

Comment

i used 4 12v 27's from from my old solar bank in my 97 48v and they work fine but I drive 1 mile or less a day.

Comment

Posted earlier by mtjetpack View Post
          i used 4 12v 27's from from my old solar bank in my 97 48v and they work fine but I drive 1 mile or less a day.
          I installed 3x12v deep cycle marine batts in my DS and they work fine with given the same use as described above.

When these crap out, I'm going to upgrade to either 6x6v, or a 48v upgrade with 6x8v.

The rule of thumb is that the more lead you have, the more power you have.

They are on their second camping season and still performing very well.
          Updated by timflury; September 12, 2012, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X