vanmanmc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vanmanmc

Hi I am a old man from pittsburgh pa. that has a96 48volt club car that wont run and its driving me nuts and broke trying to fix it.I am also not very good on a computer it took me two days to get registerd and if I can find out how to ask for help Iwill be back. ( vanmanmc)

I will try and help u all I can but I need more info. What happened did it just quit on u are the batteries charged up? If the OBC is bad it want charge are run.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

does any one have a wireing diagram for a 96 clubcar that has been retrofitted

Comment

Try this website out I found the diagrams i needed for 97 CC 48 Volt here. http://gaminde.net/

Comment

I wrote a ton of info on my 96 clubcar and it took me hours to do this but I am not sure it went through can someone let me know if it did . vanmanmc

Comment

I don't see anything on this thread. Sorry

Comment

vanmanmc;

Don't give up! The guys on this site can help you solve the problem your having with your cart. Maybe you could have a friend or a neighbor help you with posting & typing in the problems and what parts you have replaced (and why you replaced them). The more information you can provide the faster we can zero in on solving the root cause of the failure.

I hope to hear from you..........

Keith

Comment

Posted earlier by vanmanmc View Post
                does any one have a wireing diagram for a 96 clubcar that has been retrofitted
                What do u mean by this? If it's not stock the the wiring diagram is of no help to us are you.
                sigpic
                I'm here to help!
                There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

ok iwill try again my 48v 96clubcar was working at the end of last year kept it charged all winter this spring it would not.when i turned the key i would here a clicking sound but that,s it. I got the bright idea to jump across the solinoid sparks flew and after that no more click I bought a new 48 v solinoid pet that on still no click no nothing.so Itook it to a club cr dealer 65 miles away and they said it was my controller but they did not have one to put on that thety have been on back order for months and sugjested I have it rebuilt at flight sys.in carlile pa.I got it back put it on still nothing.I took it back to club car and this time they said it might be my obc.the tech did not seem smart to me he had a test meter in one hand an a fuse in the other and was going to ride off to there shop for a fuse that he thought might be bad at 70 dollars a hour.after he told me the computer was over 200 dollars and would take some time to install I desided not to go for it and thats were i am.just for the record there are two things that I have found for out for 1 the orig controller for this cart was no longer made and a retro fit was done that removed 1 solinoid and changed to a large G E controller what else I dont know.the second thing Ikeep hearing is does the charger charge and it does I just looked there was 49v and I put the charger on and it is charging just a little.

Comment

I just left a long history as best as I can explain it but forgot to say that the charger kept on charging when I turned the key on and some ware i thought I read this should not happen but not positive. (vanmanmc)

Comment

Posted earlier by Keith View Post
                      vanmanmc;

Don't give up! The guys on this site can help you solve the problem your having with your cart. Maybe you could have a friend or a neighbor help you with posting & typing in the problems and what parts you have replaced (and why you replaced them). The more information you can provide the faster we can zero in on solving the root cause of the failure.

I hope to hear from you..........

Keith
                      Keith not sure how this works if this return only goes to you or if all can view regardless i have read several threads and it seamed like i could jump around my solenoid that is a new one buy connecting a jumper between the two large posts to see if it was bad so i took the pos. lead off my battery's turned off the key made sure the rocker switch was in neutral connected the jumper and when i tried to connect the positive lead back on there was a large arch and so i stopped there.to go back to the start this is what i did at first but with a screw driver and sparks flew and after that i no longer had the clicking sound when i turned my key on so i bought a new solenoid and put it on still no click.after all this i called a club car dealer and he said that you cant do that and i more then likely destroyed my controller i sent it out to be checked and they said it was shot they rebuilt it for $350 put it on still nothing.now that i tried jumping across the solenoid again do you think i blew out a controller again and maybe should just give up on this cart.secondly Keith does any one ever discuss these problems on the phone if i leave a number as i have a terrible time with a computer or is that not a option. (THANKS VANMANMC)

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X