A lot of questions!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of questions!!!

Hello, I'm New here and as well as a first time owner of a golf cart, so I hope some of these questions aren't too dumb!! I also hope I can find this post when I log back in so that way I can check for replies!! First off I have a 95 Club Car!! My charger seems like it charges the batteries fine, but it will only charge like half way then it shuts off, then I have to unplug it and plug it right back in and it will continue to charge!! Is that normal?? Next How can I tell if my cart is a "DS" model or not?? And last for now, Can I change out the body of my cart with a newer body?? I seen one post of a link on here that was supposed to show 3 pictures to determine what cart you have but the first picture wouldn't come up, so I still don't know!! Thank you in advance!!

Posted earlier by bsds4399 View Post
    My charger seems like it charges the batteries fine, but it will only charge like half way then it shuts off, then I have to unplug it and plug it right back in and it will continue to charge!! Is that normal??

Next How can I tell if my cart is a "DS" model or not??

And last for now, Can I change out the body of my cart with a newer body?? I seen one post of a link on here that was supposed to show 3 pictures to determine what cart you have but the first picture wouldn't come up, so I still don't know!! Thank you in advance!!
    First of all, Welcome!!

Could you please be more specific with your first question??

What do you mean by "Halfway"?? is the meter only at half charge on the scale?? What's the condition of the batteries? Is the electrolite level correct?

CC only had a DS model back then. Is there a condition issue with the body?? Replacements can be found on Ebay and such. The DS body was made in various forms for like twenty years. Are you looking for something custom like a Jeep body for your cart??

Brouse the site here. There's a model year guide that will give the information you are looking for.

http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...golf-cart.html

Comment

Thank you! And thank you for the reply!! Yes, the meter only shows halfway!! I tested the batteries with my multimeter and they all show 6+ volts!! Maybe there is a chance that the meter is going bad huh?? There is no condition issue with the body, I just thought about putting a newer style body on it and lifting it, just kinda turning it into a sharp looking unit!!

Comment

Also by "newer body" I meant like a Precedent model!! Would that bolt right up to my frame?? !!

Comment

If the battery meter on the charger is starting half way u either have a good charge in the batteries are they are low and toward the end of their life cycle. Have u checked the water levels? The - terminal should have a date code on it, what is it? A0 or l-2. Look and see if it;s there.
          Are all the batteries the same brand and amp hrs?
          Are all the connections cleaned and tight all of these little things make for bad charging and ride time. Give each cable a good tug and see if any of them break are loose.

I don't think the president body will fit your frame if it;s the oone in your avatar.
          sigpic
          I'm here to help!
          There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Thanks Andy! I am actually out of town working until Thursday evening, so I cant check them until then!! But yes the battery meter on the charger only goes to halfway when I plug them in!! I have checked the level and cables as well!! I actually added some sulferic acid to them! I wasn't sure if I could just add water to them or not!!??? I have not ran this cart close to dead since I have had it, but the battery meter on the cart itself is always below half when I plug it in!! Maybe I will run it this weekend till the meter is down quite a ways, and then check the batteries with a multi-meter and see how many volts I have on them at that time!! Maybe just maybe there is a chance that the battery indicator on the cart itself is just bad!! I HOPE!! What does A0 and I-2 stand for??

Comment

On the battery negative terminal should be a code as above.
              A= Jan
              B=Feb
              C=March and so on.

The number is the year, so if you have say a

A - 12 then your batteries are Jan of 2012. New batteries

A- 6 would mean Jan of 06 which would be old batteries and ready to replace.

How long does it take for the charger to cut off? If it's taking a very long time this could be another sign of old batteries are u may have a bad one in the whole pack.
              sigpic
              I'm here to help!

Comment

Posted earlier by bsds4399 View Post
                Thanks Andy! I am actually out of town working until Thursday evening, so I cant check them until then!! But yes the battery meter on the charger only goes to halfway when I plug them in!! I have checked the level and cables as well!! I actually added some sulferic acid to them! I wasn't sure if I could just add water to them or not!!??? I have not ran this cart close to dead since I have had it, but the battery meter on the cart itself is always below half when I plug it in!! Maybe I will run it this weekend till the meter is down quite a ways, and then check the batteries with a multi-meter and see how many volts I have on them at that time!! Maybe just maybe there is a chance that the battery indicator on the cart itself is just bad!! I HOPE!! What does A0 and I-2 stand for??
                Never add acid. Only add Distilled Water.
                2005 CC Precedent

Comment

This has all been great help!! This site has so many helpful people!! Glad I found this site!! I will def. check everything over this weekend!! This battery advice is great to know especially when I am looking at selling my cart and upgrading!!!

Comment

Also I seen on on of these forums to make sure the cart is in tow mode when you change batteries!!?? Is that simply putting it in Neutral??

Andy I'm not sure on the lenght that it runs before it kicks off because I usually plug it in at night!! I'll have to test this theory as well!! Thanks again!!!

Comment

I don't think your cart has the tow switch. If it does it's right under the seat on the front body panel above the F/R switch.
                      sigpic
                      I'm here to help!

Comment

I need help please with a Elec. problem. I have a 1999 club car DS 48V. Has 6 mo. battery pack, 8V Cowns. New Resistors in V-glide and micro switch. Heavy duty F/R switch and micro switches. Alltrax AXE 4844 Controller. All Heavy Duty 4 ga. Cables. Motor is 3.1 Special Service orginal motor. Im trying to fix this up for my family for around town driving nothing wild, just street and country crusing. My problem is when you get driving there are dead spots or power loss in the peddle as you increase speed. Can some one please assist me with my problem. I would like to replace the motor in the winter. Thanks.

Comment

I forgot a new heavy duty soleniod also was installed.

Comment

Did you clean all the contacts in the v-glide good? Make sure all the connections are tight.
                            sigpic
                            I'm here to help!

Comment

Thanks andy4639. I cleaned all the v-contacts. Checked all connections. I finally dropped the cart off at local repair shop. He called said the linkage brackets on the peddles brake and accelator needed replaced. Its suppose to be done Monday. I will get back with you on the damage (cost) and parts. This has been one of those things you just cannot find on your own. He said when it comes back it should run like a stripped ape. I just want it to run correctly. Thanks again.

Comment

Andy, this is 704Robertson 99 Club car. Picked up my cart from shop Peddle linkage problem bushings wore out and shaft rusted. All replaced $85 in parts, $165 labor. ouch.

Comment

Well how does it run?
                                  sigpic
                                  I'm here to help!

Comment

Andy, sorry it took so long to answer. Cart runs fine but, I don't think my controller is working properly. It is an Alltrax AXE 4844. The torque is real doggie. Had to send off for a special cable, from laptop to controller. If me and Alltrax can get this lined out I will be pleased. Hopefully over winter new paint and motor. Nothing wild just 20-23 mph.
                                    Thanks for the conversation and assistance.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                    X