Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Tell What Model/Year Club Cars I have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Tell What Model/Year Club Cars I have...

Okay...I'm new here at French Camp Golf Course and they've made me the cart mechanic.....I've been able to fix a few carts just on some general knowledge and being mechanically inclined......Here's what I have.....

I have 2 different styles of Club Cars here.....and the ONLY manual I can find is a 2007 DS Golf Car Maintenance and Service Manual......The differences I see are these:

For the Forward/Reverse switch, some of them are the toggle flat switches or some of them have a big lever you have to rotate to forward or reverse....Some of them have Ingersol Rand on the sides and others don't.....how do I tell which cart is what type and what year???.....They're all 48V (some have 8v batteries and some have 12v batteries).....

Help?!?

Hi Greg!!! Welcome to GCF and congratulations on the new job and being promoted to "Golf Cart Mechanic". The serial number on all Club Cars is the only accurate way to determin what you have. Since you did not list a serial number, to get you started I'll list the serial number from my cart and explain what the guys from this site taught me.
    PQ0554586806
    P = Precedent (model)
    Q = IQ motor
    05 = year of Mfr. (first two numbers are always the year it was made)
    54= week of Mfr.

Also added the CC serials pdf. that is listed on this site.
    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome!!!!!......Thank you for the info....I've got a lot more to post on problems with various carts here......but at least I have a place to start......thank you again!!

Comment

Posted earlier by gregphilley View Post
        I've got a lot more to post on problems with various carts here.
        We're here to help.

Bring on the questions!!

Comment

This is my first post, hope i'am doing right. I have a 1993 club car A9392342142, what model is it a DS or a Precedent?

Comment

Posted earlier by remuster View Post
            This is my first post, hope i'am doing right. I have a 1993 club car A9392342142, what model is it a DS or a Precedent?
            Yours is a DS.

Precedent started in the mid 2000's.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X