2005 CC Precedent and spongy brakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 CC Precedent and spongy brakes?

Folks i'm brand new here so take it easy on me, i am looking at purchasing a 2005 CC Precedent from a guy and i'm testing it out whether to buy it or not but i have noticed when i drive it the brakes are rather "spongy" almost like the pedal bounces up and down when i try to apply them, can someone point me in the right direct if this is how its supposed to be or should i have someone look at it? its a electric cart also by the way.

Thank you

They're mechanical brakes Not hydraulic Sounds like the hub maybe out of round slightly. Doesn't sound like a big deal to me, but if you are worried have someone take it apart and look.

Comment

Thanks, since i dont know much about golf carts i may just do that to make sure its all ok.

Comment

Does it have a lift kit on it?

Comment

yes it does have a lift kit and larger tires and rims.

Comment

Let me tell you what happened to me once. I had a cart that a lift kit on it.

When I stepped on the brakes, the pedal would almost "bounce " under my foot. It would also have a hellacious vibration as it was stopping. AND when I stepped on the gas or the brake, i would feel a slight weight shift under me.

It turned out that one of the rear lift bracket welds let go, and was no longer attached. So each time the cart would go forward or reverse, the weight shift was the entire rear axel on that side was moving. I had the bracket rewelded, and that fixed the problem.

It took alot to find the problem, but that was it. So i would look at the lift brackets and verify evrything is ok.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X