08 precedent volt reducer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 precedent volt reducer

will a 10 amp voltage reducer carry head and tail lights as well as a radio? It appears that the factory headlight wiring rruns to only one battery without a voltage reducer. Can I unhook this factory wiring from the controller and run it through the voltage reducer?

Posted earlier by garyd View Post
    will a 10 amp voltage reducer carry head and tail lights as well as a radio? It appears that the factory headlight wiring rruns to only one battery without a voltage reducer. Can I unhook this factory wiring from the controller and run it through the voltage reducer?
    Every light kit is different so to be sure pull the headlamp bulb read the watage times two (unless you only have one headlight) same with the tail lights unless there led's Radio maybe one or two amps again read the label. Take all your watts and divide that number by 12 volts.

2ea 55 watt bulbs = 110 watts divide by 12 = 9.166 amps thats way too close
    2ea 35 watt bulbs = 70 watts divide by 12 = 5.833 amps that works
    Updated by gaminde; July 23, 2012, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I installed a 48v to 12v voltage reducer on my club car radio and now i have reception problems and interference. Is the reducer causing this and if so can it be fixed without removing the reducer?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X