Charger too hot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charger too hot?

I have an 08 CC Precedent, 48v, with what i assume is the standard charger that came with it. The cart is parked outside at a lake property, with the charger inside a shet with the cord running thru the wall to the cart. Of course, its summer time in TX, and the inside of the shet gets quite hot during the day, well over 100 degrees. Today I noticed how hot the charger got! the entire box including the handle was VERY hot, too hot to hold. Is this normal/to be expected? I would assume it would get very warm, given the climate, but can this be harmful to the charger? How hot is TOO hot?

when it burns up its too hot

Comment

thanks for that.

Comment

I wouldn't be too concerned giving the temperature outside. If it is that hot out when running the charger I would turn a fan on next to the charger to increase airflow.
        2005 CC Precedent

Comment

The little club car chargers get hot even when it's cool out so a fan is a good thing to have handy.
          The fan will give the cart a better charge also.
          Updated by andy4639; July 28, 2012, 08:20 AM.
          sigpic
          I'm here to help!
          There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

I had the same issue with an 86 CC and Lester charger. It never seemed to get that hot before but the last time I used it it was too hot to touch so I called and spoke with the Lester tech guy and he said it was normal.

Comment

Good to know! I'll try the fan. Thanks guys!

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X