Paint for hand lettering + Battery Caps +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint for hand lettering + Battery Caps +

1. I decided to start a new thread......since I screwed up my earlier post; i.e., I re-read the fine print and found the max dimension for pics to be posted is 1500 pixels....mine was a tad too large.....so I have re-sized the image.

2. Re my earlier post concerning the paint that should be used for hand lettering.....no ans yet.

3. I wanted to just update my story concerning my battery cap(s) upgrade to eliminate acid droplets. Since my post of many months ago, I have changed out the (4) very tired Torjan batteries and replaced them with Interstates. (A "hungry" new distributor made me a good price, delivered them and sat them in my cart.) The new batteries had the caps ganged together so that a "flip of a lever" released 3 cell caps at once..... a nice feature, but guess what? ....... they left acid droplets here and there (mainly after charging) just like my old tired Trojans did. I changed them out to the special caps Doug suggested I try on the old Trojans some months ago (do a search of this forum on "battery caps" if interested) and whadaya know?......no more acid droplets. I'll re-post a pic of the installation on the new Interstates. BTW-I have no affiliation of any kind with the special battery cap firm. When I talked with them on the phone, I got the idea they were a very small business that just "built a way better mousetrap" as they say.

G'day mates. Ed S
    Attached Files

I bookmarked that brand of cap as well a while back and I still need to order them for my new batteries. I don't get any acid leaks from venting when charging but still like the design of them. Did you use the medium height ones? I will post the website for others.......

http://www.flowsystemsusa.com/water-miser-vent-cap.html
    Updated by erict; July 21, 2012, 08:36 PM.
    2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Yes, I did use the med height caps. (Couldn't remember for sure, but I remembered the price.....it is, in fact the mediums.) I put some dimensional lumber in that area and then lowered the seat to make sure I had the clearance I needed.............I had room to spare. Hope you like them as much as I do. I know some guys who have big ol' spots on their garage floor from the "bubbling over" effect.....and the boil over seems random..... none for a while and then it comes back. These caps just solve it.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X