07 Precedent No motor braking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 Precedent No motor braking.

I bought an 07 Precedent this weekend. It has great speed, but no motor braking at all. I have installed a lighting kit and found when I give it a lot of throttle the headlight dims a lot. I think it goes out when I floor it. The acceleration is very good.
    It will spin the tires and throw a little gravel.

I checked the speed sensor, using the workshop manual procedure, and get a good reading.

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Ed

The batteries are originals. I hope to get this season out of them. I just got a new hydrometer and I'll check them out this weekend at the campground.
    Ed

I have been reading posts on this forum. Is it possible that my Curtis controller has been programmed for max speed with no braking? If so, would the reset procedure return the settings to stock?

Thanks,
    Ed
    Updated by eddmoe; July 19, 2012, 07:45 AM. Reason: Add Icon and battery info.

look at the speed sensor and see if something is plugged in there. cannot do a reset on controller only OBC. Dealer or repair person can set it.

Comment

Thanks gaminde,
      I am going to recheck all my connections. If that doesn't work I will try a rebuild on my speed sensor. Thanks for the info about rebuilding speed sensors.

Ed

Comment

Posted earlier by eddmoe View Post
        Thanks gaminde,
        I am going to recheck all my connections. If that doesn't work I will try a rebuild on my speed sensor. Thanks for the info about rebuilding speed sensors.

Ed
        I don't think your speed sensor is bad just want to see if you have a speedy link installed. how fast does this cart go ?? if 19.6 or close then its turned off.

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
          I don't think your speed sensor is bad just want to see if you have a speedy link installed. how fast does this cart go ?? if 19.6 or close then its turned off.
          I didn't find anything plugged in at the speed sensor. I'll have a friend help me clock the cart when I get back to the campground. It seems fast but that was comparing it to a 96CC gas.
          When driving down a slight incline with my foot off the throttle it seemed like it was speeding up. I turned the key to off and the motor braking did engage then. I was looking at the electrical section in the service manual and noticed a switch in the MCOR that applies 48volts when the throttle is pressed. I will look at that.
          I did check all batteries. I will need a set soon. I have one dead cell. I had hoped to avoid that expense. I'm not surprised. Original batteries on a 2007.
          Thanks again,
          Ed

Comment

garminde,
            I get 14 mph top speed. I did a bit more playing around and found that when I park on a hill and allow it to roll the buzzer will sound rapidly and the cart rolls slowly. From that I know speed sensor and motor braking work. The problem I have is when I am going full speed and take my foot off the gas the car coasts. Should motor braking work then? Is there a parameter that can be set on the Curtis controller? If so I'll try to find some more info, software and cable.
            Thanks for taking the time to help us out!
            Ed

Comment

There are two types of brakes plug or rollaway braking, and throttle up or regen braking looks like regen is turned off.

Comment

garminde,
                Thanks for the info. I'll try to get to the settings. May I PM you?
                Ed

Comment

Some body has probably turn the braking of with a hand held tuner.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X