Squeaks and Squawks in Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaks and Squawks in Suspension

Hi all. First post from a newbie who's glad he found this great forum!

I bought a 2007 CC Precedent rebuild from a local dealer in December and love it so far. I'm playing 8 to 10 rounds of golf per week and it's been great except for one thing.

Somewhere in the front suspension I've developed a "squawk" sound when the cart goes over a bump or even when I rock it side to side. I've crawled underneath but can't seem to isolate where it's coming from.

Is there a likely culprit I should be looking at or are there tips on how to isolate this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rick

Get some silcone spray and spray all the rubber under the front end.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Thanks Andy. Actually that's the first thing I did and it seemed to have no effect but I think I'll give it another shot.

Rick

Comment

Just an update:

I had the dealer I bought it from out to replace the motor controller last week and asked him about the squawking. He climbed under and sprayed everything very well with WD40 instead of silicone spray and it's been quiet as a mouse ever since.

I use it for golf every day and run through a lot of wet/muddy grass so I think it'll be an on going maintenance thing.

Rick

Comment

Anybody ever change the front control rod bushings and line it back up in the bracket successfully? We've been trying to get the through bolts to thread into the holes at the opposite end of the bracket to no avail. Is there a trick to it?

Comment

Thanks for the info on wd 40 I had the same problem, squeak was driving me nuts sprayed the rubber bushings of the shocks. Nice not to hear that anymore

Comment

Posted earlier by janeli View Post
              Anybody ever change the front control rod bushings and line it back up in the bracket successfully? We've been trying to get the through bolts to thread into the holes at the opposite end of the bracket to no avail. Is there a trick to it?
              I take a long Phillips screwdriver and run it through both holes to align them and then use a impact with a shallow 13mm socket to run the bolt in, sometimes you need to move the control arm up and down a little bit while getting the bolt started

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X