Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY test on motor and controller

Hi Guys,
    Bought an old 2004 48 volt regen II (no iq plug). Is there a DYI procedure to test the motor and or controller. The cart will not move. Battery pack reading 46 volts.
    Contactors appear to be working.

Thanks in advance for any help, Buddy

Well if what you wrote is correct 46 volts your batteries are dead. You need to charge them up. The easist way to check out the motor and controller is to put everything together in the cart.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Andy,
      Do I understand you to mean this thing won't move if the voltage is below 48 volts?
      What should the voltage read if fully charged?

Buddy

Comment

Post 1 I found the something online

Comment

Fully chargered after sitting for @ least 6 hrs with nothing on are rode.
          Should read 50.96 fully chargered.

48 volts is a dead pack.

sigpic
          I'm here to help!
          There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Well ..........I never thought about it in those terms. I had 48 volts stuck in my head and therefore 46 didn't sound so bad. I see the error of my ways.
            Sounds like I need to give the old girl a good charge. I know some of the cables look pretty rough. I will fix these and charge up the batteries.

Thanks Guys................Buddy

Comment

Will try and charge up battery pack tomorrow, however I have found what I think is a motor problem. The motor has no meter reading between A1 and A2. Am I correct in thinking I should get an ohm reading between these two, and no ohm reading between F1 and A1 - F2 and A2 .

Thanks for the help................ B

Comment

I would think its A1 and A2 then F1 and F2 ?

Comment

Ok.............Got a used motor from a guy installed it and it would not run either. I did the low voltage jump test on this one as I did on the old one. This one does run with the test. I think we have that part solved.
                  As I said before the solenoids seem to be working. After charging battery pack some I have 52 volts coming to the regen II controller. I have same voltage at A1 and A2. But no run. Is this normal?
                  I tried reading the Multi step pot wiring from reading other posts. (It is not a MCOR system). I have the 50+ volts coming up from the MSPot to the controller. What color wires should I get the resistance reading from at the controller plug. I tried the green and yellow as mentioned in another post and got 0 to 17 mega ohms as i mashed the pedal.
                  Any help here or links to old posts is greatly appreciated. Also can anyone walk through the sequence of voltage events that happen as you powerup and press the accelerator.
                  Also numbers are again sn A0044-953438 Regen II

Regards B

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X