motor noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor noise

98 club car electric runs fine other then a rattling noise under coast,no noise when accelerating or when coasting is it a bearing?noise coming from the motor.any suggestions?

If I remember correctly There is a rubber bushing of some sort it goes between the motor and transmission Inside the coupling I think

did you guys like that post I used if I remember correctly and I think, that way I could be wrong and not embarrass myself
    Updated by gaminde; February 15, 2012, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Gaminde is correct, there is a bumper on the shaft of the motor that if worn out or missing will cause this noise.

Comment

Correct x3!
        sigpic
        I'm here to help!
        There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

My 2001 seems to make this noise that sounds like the rear end grinding. I was told the part will eventually need replaced but would not hurt to keep driving until it completely goes out. The noise is not there all the time, generally when coasting downhill or going full out on flat. Any idea on cost to repair/replace?

Comment

I am very interested in the answer putt4doe will receive. Can anybody post me that answer please

Comment

It's a motor bushing made of plastic that wear's it is glued in bushing is not expensive you have to pull the motor take out thee old bushing and install new one make sure you line up the spline's and glue in with super glue let sit for 3 or 4 hours before you drive it.

Comment

Can anyone send a diagram and bushing part # I have a 2009 cc precedent electric

Comment

John-

No diagram, but here's a link that shows the part. (Hope it works .... if not, I will send it another way.) I have no affiliation with this firm.....just bought parts from them to rebuild my 05 Precedent. You have to pull the motor and sometimes the motor coupling is like "frozen in place" and it can be a real, monster PITA. ps be sure to remove the speed sensor (on the back of the mtr end-bell/shaft) before removing the motor.....or you will be buying a new one. [Pls don't ask me how I know that :^) ] Good luck. Ed Sievers in Fairfiew, TX

https://www.discountcartpartsstore.c...rchresults.htm

Comment

johnmatuska;
                    I would suggest that you download the service manual that includes your '09 CC Precedent that is available from this site. If you take a look at Section-15 (Motor) on page 15-8 the figure drawing shows "item 30" as the motor spline "bumper". Also, on page 15-13 the manual instructs the following:

3. Install the molded bumper.
                    3.1. With the flat side toward the bottom of the coupling, install the molded bumper (30) into the motorcoupling (Figure 15-10, Page 15-. See following NOTE.
                    NOTE: The motor coupling and the new molded bumper must be free of grease and debris.
                    3.2. Ensure that the installed bumper is seated at the bottom of the coupling.

If you read the whole section on motor removal and installation in the service manual it will save you some headaches.

I hope this will be helpful.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X