Charging proble 2007 Club Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging proble 2007 Club Car

I have a 2007 Club Car and the batteries went down due to use and not plugging in the cart to the charger. I tried to recently plug in the cart to the charger, but the charger is not starting up. Can someone assist?

Your charger needs about 37v to come on if it is not that high it will not start.
    You could use a 12v charger on each 8v battery for about 30 minutes to bring each of them up to a level where the charger will start.
    After doing each battery for 30 minutes, plug the golf cart charger in and let it charge.
    Note: Check the electrolyte level first and any batteries that the plates are exposed fill with just enough distilled water to cover the plates.
    After charging is complete add enough distilled water to have the level about 1/4"-1/2" above the plates.
    Click to enlarge:
    Attached Files

Comment

charger will not come on if voltage is less than 36 volts, so you have two options
      1. jumper the bottom wires on the relay inside the charger
      2. charge with automotive charger one battery at a time till your pack reaches 36 volts and then use the cart charger.

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
        1. jumper the bottom wires on the relay inside the charger
        I forgot that one, good call.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I put it on the 12v charger. After I charged 2 of the 4 batteries, I plugged it in and it started charging.

Comment

Glad to see everything worked for you.

Comment

Posted earlier by JohnP View Post
              Thanks everyone. I put it on the 12v charger. After I charged 2 of the 4 batteries, I plugged it in and it started charging.
              one little problem here you can put your Batteries in an out of balance state (not so much with lead acid) but check voltage after charge and charge the lower ones with auto charger after a few charges they will be closer and try not let them get that low again. Good to hear you got things working

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X