1998 ds 48v series abrupt stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 ds 48v series abrupt stop

I was going to take my lifted 1998 ds over to my sisters house today. As I started tk drive it out of the garage, it went 3 feet then instantly stopped. Won't do anything. Reverse buzzer still sounds but that's it. Batteries are good. Ran yesterday. PleAse help me

I suck with club car.

Colton

Well, at first the solenoid will click about every 2 times I pressed the pedal. Now it seems as if it's always clicking. Would his indicate a solenoid is going bad?

Comment

But if I go wide open throttle it will kill off on me.

Comment

Look for a cable broke are loose. Pull on everyone of them good. If they are good and tight it want hurt them.
        sigpic
        I'm here to help!
        There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Now it won't click at all.

Comment

Well I swapped out one of my crimped cables for one of my solder cables and now it's working all of a sudden. Could just be a coincident.

I mean I removed a soldered cable and put a crimped cable back on it.
            Updated by Coltf1991; January 21, 2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

It sounds like a bad connection/cable, the reverse buzzer will still work but not enough power to operate even the control circuit. May have even been a solenoid going out.
              Looks like you have it fixed for now so I'm a little late to the party.
              I understand your dislike for CC as they are a little different from the Ezgos and are a little harder to troubleshoot.
              I have had all of the big 3 and my preference for maintenance/troubleshooting is Ezgo.
              We have complete wiring diagrams and service manuals posted for your CC DS cart right here on the site.

Comment

Yea, this cart really needs some help as far as the electronic aspect goes. But soon, once I can get another job, Andy is gonna get that all taken care if for me

I am gonna take some pics and link them up. As I am not sure what they are. I believe ita a 12v reducer but it bugs me.

Yea ezgo is ALOT easier to work on to me.

Colton

Comment

I just sold a 48v series CC and have some experience with them.
                  A stock CC uses a 16v to 12v reducer mounted along the inside of the frame, drivers side behind the center batteries.
                  It looks like this.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that is exactly what I have.

Comment

Posted earlier by Coltf1991 View Post
                      Yes, that is exactly what I have.
                      It runs off the 2 last batteries on the driver's side.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
                        It runs off the 2 last batteries on the driver's side.
                        Doug it's not a 48 volt to 12 volt reducer? Most radio's and lights will be fine on 16 volts.

Most car lights and radio's see 16 volts when the alternator is running on the car.
                        sigpic
                        I'm here to help!

Comment

Yea, looking at the way it is wired, appears to only be from the last 2 batts in row. Ill post up some pics when I can. Just took the cart over to my sisters house for them to use. I don't like how the lights dim when the pedal is pressed.

Comment

If the reducer is only hooked to 2 of the batteries it's the same thing as having the lights and radio running off of the 2 batteries. They want get a full charge like the rest do when you charge the cart because they are lower than the other 4. You will need to charge them up by themselves and equalize them.
                            This is harder to do on a C/C because they are 8 volts. You would be better off getting a 48 volt reducer and running it that way it draws off the whole pack.
                            sigpic
                            I'm here to help!

Comment

Or taking the darn thing out. Lol the taillights are not even hooked up. When I do my ground up restoration, the cart will get all cleaned up and rewired

Comment

If they are just used for lighting they're OK but when you start loading up the 12v accessories, like Andy said, you may be better of utilizing the whole pack or installing a stand alone 12v battery.
                                I went the cheap route and have been using 24v to 12v 30amp reducers that you can buy on ebay all day for $10-$20. They use 1/2 the battery pack and it seems to work well on the carts I have done with them.

Comment

Yea I am all for standalone batteries, but there is not a good place for one on CC DS....

Comment

Yea I am all for standalone batteries, but there is not a good place for one on CC DS....
                                    I agree but if you're not using it for golf, there's always the bagwell.

Comment

This is true. Which I may be relocating the yellow optima to the bagwell of my ezgo. My cart is dropped for a total of 3 inches, and with that battery on the driver side, the driver side sits lower than the passenger and I know it's not from worn out springs, because I have NEW springs on all 4 corners, and they have only seen a weight load about 10 times

Comment

This is true. Which I may be relocating the yellow optima to the bagwell of my ezgo. My cart is dropped for a total of 3 inches, and with that battery on the driver side, the driver side sits lower than the passenger and I know it's not from worn out springs, because I have NEW springs on all 4 corners, and they have only seen a weight load about 10 times
                                        If this is a Club Car you can adjust the lean with the center bolt on the transverse spring.
                                        If it's your Ezgo, try swapping the springs side to side.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                        X